Wednesday, 21 October 2015

What I'm Loving Recently // Face Favourites.

base: Australis Stay Put Foundation mixed with Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation
         Laura Mercier Mineral Powder
         Australis Contour Kit
         H&M Highlighting Powder
eyes: Mac Soft Ocre Paint Pot
         Soap & Glory Liquid Liner
         DB Amplifying Mascara
         Savvy Brow Pencil in Blonde
lipsMac Honeylove Lipstick 
tan: LovingTan Ultra Dark Mousse

I've always been a lover of Estee Lauder Double Wear, but since discovering Priceline I haven't been able to resist buying a few new base products to trial out. Australis Stay Put foundation I don't like alone, it's medium coverage, but it has a semi matte yet glowy finish that means it just doesn't adhere to my skin and it slides off, however mixed, the two foundations create a really beautiful coverage and finish, whilst lasting all day. The Laura Mercier Mineral Powder has been raved about on blogs and Youtube and for good reason. It adds a little extra touch of coverage, sets your make up and just leaves your skin looking airbrushed. The Australis Contour Kit I find to be a little bit hit and miss, I find it better then the Anastasia Beverley Hills, but at the same time it's still not perfect. The three contour shades are pretty dark, two are quite ashy, cool toned and one is very warm, orange based. The main issue though is that they're too pigmented, meaning even if you're really careful with application, you can still end up with muddy looking cheeks whilst trying to blend the product out. I do however love the two matte highlight shades, one is a bright banana yellow, the other is a pale pinky white and they do wonders for lifting the under eye area. Be warned though, if you're heavy handed you can get caught out with flash photography. As for the shimmery highlight shade, there's nothing wrong with it, I just have better so I tend to opt for other products, such as the H&M Highlighting Powder. Such a cheap product, but it works so well, it's a shimmery, almost pearlescent pinky, champagne colour that just adds a beautiful candlelit glow to your face. I even use this on my collarbone if I'm wearing a lower cut dress or playsuit.
Mac's Paint Pot in Soft Ocre is an old favourite and always will be. It covers any veining on the lids, its gives you a nice clean base, makes your eyes look more awake, prolongs the wear of eyeshadow and prevents creasing. Unrivalled. Additionally, the Soap & Glory liquid eyeliner is amazing, if you're a lover of felt pens, you can't go wrong with this, it's really pigmented, easy to use, lasts all day and looks like a rich, dark black. The mascara I'm trialling out, it's from DB and it's got a teeny plastic brush which really separates your lashes. I always layer my mascara so I use 2-3 coats to achieve the desired effect. The Savvy eyebrow pencil is pretty soft and waxy, but I find it to work really well, I heavily apply it through my brows then brush it out a few times with the spooly which seems to leave a full, well groomed finish.
As for lips, you can never go wrong with Mac and I've rediscovered my love for Honeylove, a peachy, matte nude that works well with a bolder eye or contoured cheeks. I've recently discovered ColourPop cosmetics though and ordered too many of their matte lip creams and lippie stix so I'm sure I'll have a new favourite in the next few weeks! 

3 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. You look absolutely flawless! I totally agree with you on the Laura Mercier mineral powder, it just makes skin look sensational and I love it over Double Wear! Great post, I really enjoyed it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can the Australis products be shipped overseas? I'd love to try some of them! xx

    Beautylymin

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..