Wednesday, 8 February 2017

First Aid Beauty // Mattifying Oil-Free Gel Review


FIRST AID BEAUTY oil-free mattifying gel - $29.80

This oil free mattifying gel claims to hydrate the skin, regulate oil production and tone the skin. Since purchasing this product, I use it as my day and night moisturiser. In the morning, I'll wake up, wash my face and apply this, followed by the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, for some soft focus blur and SPF. These two make your skin look beautiful and it makes for an equally lovely base before make up. First Aid Beauty claim this moisturiser also visably reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and enlarged pores. Do I agree with this? Yes. When you first apply this it feels luxurious and moisturising but not heavy, then when it dries down, it leaves you with a satin/matte skin and my skin looks plumped and tightened. It's a really beautiful moisturiser, which is why I've been using it for everything and have since run out and ordered my second tube. The packaging makes it travel friendly and really easy to dispense the amount you need. 
In terms of oil control, I definitely see a reduced amount of shine on my skin when I use this and when I use it prior to make up, it helps prolong the wear. It doesn't keep me matte from 8am - 10pm, especially in such a hot, humid country, but I don't think anything would! For such an affordable price, I highly rate this product if you have oily/combination skin. You can find First Aid Beauty products in Selfridges, or on Beauty Bay which offer free shipping on most orders.

Have you ever used any products from First Aid Beauty before? If so, what was your favourite product?

1 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I've never used anything from first aid beauty, but I might have to give this a try! Sounds exactly what I look for in a primer.

    Alice x

    http://alicehowarthmua.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..