Recently I had a week off work and decided to put it to good use by rearranging my bedroom. I finally got rid of my hideous green 'feature wall' - awful idea, and turned everything bright white and more open plan. My bedroom is definitely lacking in space and on the small side but I try and make the best out of what I've got and keep things light and airy. I opted for large mirrors, sheer printed curtains, clean and bright walls, an open wardrobe and plenty of shelves to store all my well loved beauty products!
I wish I could show you everything but although my room looks a billion times better than it used to, it's not quite finished. I still have a few more bits to organise but I thought I'd show you my vanity/blogging area.
If you're working with a small space, on a low budget here are my top tips!
- use things you already own. you may have overlooked that old bedside table or worn wardrobe but sometimes a lick of paint can bring things back to life.
- have an idea in your head of what you want your room to look like, which colours you want to use and how much you're willing to spend.
- my favourite places to look for homeware are Next, H&M, The Range, TkMaxxx, Ebay and independant stores, charity shops can also hold some amazing treasures.
- mirrors instantly make rooms look bigger as they bounce light, I like to have a full length and a standard size mirror in my bedroom - think of the outfit selfies!
- artificial flowers brighten up your room and add a feminine touch without the mess and cost of having the real thing.
- candles, fairy lights and bedside lamps are great touches if you want to create a relaxed atmosphere, I have fairy lights wound around my bed so at night I can switch my main light off, turn my fairy lights on and cosy up in a corner with my book or Netflix.