Thursday 28 March 2013

Dainty Doll at Fragrance Direct

If you have a twitter account and joined in any of the #bbloggers chats recently, then you'll of no doubt seen that Fragrance Direct had added Dainty Doll to their stocklist and the products were all massively reduced in price. Being a beauty obsessive, I wasn't going to miss out on such an offer and placed an order immediately, all the items I received were as new and I've been overly impressed with the quality.
I purchased three lipsticks in total, two were 'BabyLove' which is a milky, pale nude and the other 'Couture' a deep, burgundy lipstick. All were well packaged, pigmented, creamy and relatively long lasting. At £1.99, you really can't complain. I also picked up two powder blushers in the shades, 'Orange County Girl' - potential Nars 'Orgasm' dupe?! and 'Hippy Shake' a gorgeous, pale pink with shimmer. I love the simple, chic packaging of the compacts and they all come with mirrors for on the go touch ups.
I've recently gone on a cream blush purchasing extravaganza so I couldn't decide whether to pick up another from Dainty Doll but in the end I decided why not?! The cream blushers were only £1.99 so I picked up 'Billion Dollar Babies' - a taupe, brown that adds a nice glow to your cheeks. My final purchases were the Eyeshadow Base in 'Frankie Girl' - similar to 'Soft Ocre' by Mac but with a powder finish and the mascara/eyeliner duo which was the only disappointing product for me as the mascara was dried up and the eyeliner was slightly watery and took a lot of effort to build up an opaque line.
If you haven't heard of Dainty Doll before, then it was created by Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud after she became fed up with the lack of offerings for pale skinned girls. So, not only is this like perfect for fair skinned ladies - but also women of colour too, as I've tried and tested it on my (fake) tanned skin.
 
There's still a few products on the Fragrance Direct website, with prices ranging between 99p - £2.99 it's a bargain not to be missed. Especially since not long ago these Dainty Doll products were selling for £11+ in Boots!
 
Products to purchase - Powder Blushers, Cream Blushes, Eyeshadow Base and Lipsticks.
Product to avoid - Mascara/Eyeliner Duo

10 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. LOVE!! The colors are gorgeous! I wanna play with them now! For that price any day...

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photo's are so gorgeous!!!!! I have some of these and I can't wait to try them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! :) They're amazing quality - what a steal! x

      Delete
  3. These colors are so pretty! I've always heard about this brand, but I've never tried them! The cream blush on the left looks so gorgeous!

    XO
    aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely and subtle, if you get a chance have a look on the Fragrance Direct website they have a few bits left :) x

      Delete
  4. so tempted to get them! x

    http://thebeautyvisual.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post darl. Just started following you - you have SUCH a nice blog! I've been filling my basket on FD for ages now and have been contemplating some of the Dainty Doll shades - you've won me over with the blushes!xx

    www.cocochicblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you lovely! :) Oh the blushes are so beautiful, at £1.99 how can you say no?! They also have bundle packs in TK Maxx too! x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..