Monday 6 January 2014

Benefit Porefessional Agent Shine - Pro Powder.

*Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine: Shine-Vanishing Pro Powder, 7g - £23.50
 
Leading on from the success of Benefits Porefessional Pore Banishing Primer, a new product has been released with a similar concept, Benefits Porefessional Shine-Vanishing Pro Powder. The Porefessional primer has been a staple in my make up bag since I discovered it, it works brilliantly for banishing pores and filling in fine lines as well as prolonging the wear of your foundation. The Agent Shine Pro Powder follows a similar theme. It claims to minimise shine and smooth the appearance of pores whilst being invisible on the skin. Ideal for touch ups this powder comes in travel friendly packaging with a twist top to release the powder in to the lid and a mini kabuki in the base.
I absolutely love the packaging, it's ideal for popping in your handbag for touch ups if your skin gets a little shiny. I've taken this to work with me several times now to see how it performs when my face is super oily and in need of touch ups. The powder is very fine and looks as though it has a yellow undertone but applies to the skin as a transparent powder. It applies evenly and leaves you with a mattified, airbrushed finish although I don't find it did much to minimise pores. This doesn't keep me matte all day, I do have to touch up several times but it's an easy, quick process with this product and far more convenient then carrying a loose powder and a full size brush.
The only downside for me is the amount of product you get for the price. At £23.50 you get 7 grams of product so I'm not sure whether it would last you more than a few months. In comparison the Nars Loose Powder retails for £26.50 for 35 grams. It completely depends what you're after. Would I repurchase? Perhaps. I really like the travel friendly packaging and the product itself but it's not something I couldn't live without.

Big thank you to the BeneBabes for letting me trial out this product and for the incredibly tasty biscuit that came with it - such a sweet idea!

12 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I'm always skeptical about products like this because they promise so much and are 90% of the time such a let down! Looks good though :-)

    Daisy x
    www.daisydaisyxxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some companies make too many wild claims, I quite liked this product though - airbrushed, soft skin, mattifies, I'm not so sure about the minimising of pores but overall it's nice. x

      Delete
  2. Looks like a winner to me! But you're right, that's an awful small amount of product for that price!

    How was the biscuit? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good but you get hardly any product for the money, puts me off a bit!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh that was the only downside, I suppose you could keep the brush but then if you re-purchased you wouldn't need it anyway - hmm xx

      Delete
  4. Great that's it's got a good review but shame about the product size. Love their packaging x

    Candy Cosmetics | For All Things Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, their packaging is always super cute! x

      Delete
  5. too bad its a bit pricey but it seems nice! love the convenience

    http://chelsealeighbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it's made taking powder out and about a lot easier - gone is the times of pressed powder smashing and large powder brushes getting dirty in my handbag whoo! x

      Delete
  6. such a cute idea for packaging, it's just a shame there's not a lot of product in there as that would make all the difference. the cookie that came with it is so adorable though!

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - isn't it just ?! It's a shame there wasn't a little more product then it would be a total winner in my books! x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..