Wednesday 1 June 2011

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush


Recently a 'quick browse' around Superdrug ended up in me staring at the Maybelline stall swatching every shade of the Dream Touch Blush on my hand. The reason being, these infuriating little pots don't have shade names on them! The tester I originally fell in love with, I have now discovered was 'Peach' a gorgeous coral/peach shade with very subtle shimmer. I managed to pick up the wrong one and ended up with 'Apricot' a light, creamy peach with shimmer.
Originally I was a bit gutted as these do cost £6.49, but once I got home and tried it out I can safely say I'm glad I ended up with the wrong shade. The combination of the product being a cream and having shimmer means it beautifully highlights the face giving you a gorgeous, luminous finish.


This has fast become a Summer Fave and I've also picked one up for my mum as she loved it too! I wouldn't call this a blusher as it barely adds any colour to the skin when blended out, but it makes a gorgeous, dewy Summer glow! Another thing that I love is that it can be layered over powders, creams, tints and it doesn't disrupt what you already have going on. In the past I've tried some awful cream highlighters that make the products underneath vanish leaving a horrible streaky finish!

Left - Swatched heavily.
Right: Blended out.
Due to the lack of shade names (sort this out please Maybelline!) if you wanted this shade you'll have to look for the code '16GN1W' on the front :)
Whats your favourite highlighter for Summer?

13 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Eee it looks so pretty! I think it may be too light for my skintone but it looks like it would be perfect on yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so lovely i want!
    and how stupid what kind of shade name is 16GN1W! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love happy accidents!! haha My current favorite highlighter is MAC's cream color base in hush :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks lovely! Right now I'm loving ELF's Warm Bronzer to highlight. It's more of a pale, bronzy highlighter than a bronzer.


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this looks lovely :) I've not tried a cream highlighter before so I may have to try this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The consistency looks lovely, so does the shade, I need to get my hands on this :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's gorgeous. I can totally see a nice peachy apricot glow resulting from that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing, totally my sort of colour! :-)Great post xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo very pretty and dewy looking, I'd love to see a look with this :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh this is super cute! i'm going to look at these tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooooh I've been looking for something to give me a sheer dewy colour for ages!! I'll defo take a look!! thanks x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh i love this colour, looks perfect for just a pop of colour to brighten your complexion!

    http://allabouthairuk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember swatching this in the store and it felt so incredibly soft it was insane. Hoping to pick this and peach at the weekend, i'll get alot of use out of them on holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..