Thursday 22 March 2012

Mac 'Harmony' Review


Buy at: Mac, Debenhams.
Price: £17.50

I've never really understood how people could rate bronzer so highly. Sure, I own a few - I use them on occasion, but I'd never of said that bronzer would be a must have. I've tried a few with shimmer, some that were matte, cheap, high end but none ever wowed me. I quite enjoy Benefit's 'Hoola' and I'd probably consider re-purchasing but I don't find contouring an every day essential if I'm in a rush.

Mac's 'Harmony' however seems be a unique shade of brown that has a warm, slightly red undertone that looks really natural on my skin tone and just seems to make contouring - effortless. Instead of creating a really noticeable shadow, it subtly defines your face whilst warming up your skin tone at the same time. I normally use this with either the 109 or 168 brush and with circular motions blend in to the skin where I want to create a slight shadow, or where the sun would naturally hit.
I've used this nearly every day since I brought it and you wouldn't even be able to tell by looking at the product. It's pigmented, blends easily, matte, I adore Mac packaging and for £17.50 I don't think it's too outrageously priced. Plus, if it's good enough to be used by the PixiWoo sisters and Tanya Burr, it's good enough for me!

What's your favourite bronzing powder at the moment?

Hauled: http://goldenglowww.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/oops-i-did-it-again-haul.html
Please let me know if there's anything from the haul linked above, or my other two recent purchase post's that you'd like to see reviewed!

17 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Oohhh might have to try this! Have to say though, I couldn't live without my NARS Laguna! Only bronzer I'd ever repurchase!! You should give it a try if you haven't already!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you said that because I literally just brought a Nars gift set from Asos that has the Laguna/Orgasm Duo in! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This looks like a really great contour shade for paler skintones, been contemplating a purchase for a while :) x

    ug-lily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used this when I'm not fake tanned and it still looks really natural and subtle! :) x

      Delete
  3. Would love to see how this compares to Nars Laguna.

    Ria x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've ordered the Laguna/Orgasm duo today so I'll pop up swatches of Harmony, Benefit's Hoola and Nars Laguna all together! x

      Delete
  4. yes...i heard about this before and forgot all about it! ive been wanting to get it! thanks for reminding me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great for contouring on my pale skin, might have just popped it on my MAC wishlist! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's well worth a visit to Mac and a swatch at least! :) x

      Delete
  6. I've been thinking about buying this for a while and almost did last week as it's on Cheapsmells for around £13 and had an extra 15% off on top of that! Kind of hitting myself not for snatching it up now as it sounds and looks perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sometimes on fragrancedirect for just £9.99, worth checking out for every now and then just incase, pretty good discount! x

      Delete
  7. i like using my me me me shimmer which is in a state right now as i dropped it and its all broken but i still use it! They look great in the summer

    blog.yipiii.co.uk/fashion/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fab ! I love matte products like this one ! xx
    Clay

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..