Wednesday 21 August 2013

Chocolate, Nutella and Cream Swiss Roll

Around Easter time I posted a recipe for Cream Egg Brownies, having been my first cooking related post I wanted to see how it was received before I did another. Luckily, the feedback was great so today I'm sharing a super easy, delicious Swiss Roll recipe that can be easily made by anyone! My mum loves a spot of baking and this is a yummy dessert she makes time and time again, it can be easily reinvented by trying new fillings and flavours!

INGREDIENTS LIST:
3oz Caster Sugar
2 and a half oz of Self Raising Flour
1/2 an oz of Cocoa Powder
3 Eggs
Double Cream
Flavouring of your choice - Nutella

METHOD:

Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6.
Grease and line a 9 inch X 12 inch Swiss roll tin.
Whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale in colour and fluffy.
Gently fold in the flour and spoon the mixture in to the tin.
Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes until the cake is springy to the touch.
Remove from the oven and turn out on to a piece of greaseproof paper.
Once cooled, spread Nutella all over the sponge, leaving a small gap at each edge.
Whip up double cream and spread evenly over the Nutella, once again leaving a small gap at each edge.
Finally, with the help of your greaseproof paper, slowly roll the sponge repeatedly until you've made your Swiss Roll. If there's any cracks it doesn't matter too much, it just shows it's home made and fresh! 
Dust lightly with sugar or icing sugar and then tuck in!




16 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. this looks soo yummy! I remember making one of these in year 9 cooking class and it went horribly wrong haha, they're not that easy to roll! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you roll very slowly it's easier, but a few cracks never hurt anyone - makes it look homemade and everyone knows home baked goods, fresh from the oven are the best! Good luck if you decide to have another go! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love to bake but I've never attempted a swiss roll. Will definitely try this out soon.

    Adele-Marie xx

    Adele-Marie | One Girls Obsession With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should, they're so tasty! I love the look of your stuffed cookies on your blog, how delicious I've never thought to do that before! xx

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh this looks so yummy! And just as I'm craving cake. Devastated I don't have some :(

    Molly x
    Lyon Notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Oh no, quickly raid the cupboards there might be a sweet treat hiding somewhere! I permanently have frozen cookie mixture in my freezer in case I get a sweet tooth! x

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - HOW delicious does this look?! xx
    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delicious looking treat. I would love to make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take too long to make either! Best of luck if you decide to have a go :) x

      Delete
  6. OMG this looks so yummy!! my mouth is already watering

    www.modestglamamor.blogspot.co.uk
    www.modestglamamor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy. I was saying the other day that I wanted to try and make a chocolate roll!

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy! I'm gonna have to give this a go!

    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..