Saturday 24 August 2013

Macs Girl About Town, In Action.

Last night I had a rare evening off and took the oppertunity to let my hair down with my friend Lucy and go out for an evening of drinks, dancing and a late night McDonalds - classy, ey? Feeling brave, Lucy let me attempt to do her make up and take a few photos of the finished look to share with you all.
 
To prep her skin I used a small amount of the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream as she has a dry/normal skin type, then I used the Inglot Under Make Up Base to make sure everything stayed put during the night. I worked a small amount of the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in the lightest shade all over the face, then added Mac's Studio Tech foundation in NC20 to the centre of the face for extra coverage. I love this foundation for photos as it literally looks like you've been airbrushed! Underneath the eyes I applied the Maybelline Eraser to brighten and highlight and finished off the base by dusting Diorskin Nude Powder in 020 all over, a beautiful powder.
To contour the recently released Bourjois Bronzing Primer works a treat, it's a gel/cream formula that blends seamlessly in to the skin - much easier to work with than the Chanel Bronze Universal. Illamasqua's Katie blusher was gently patted on the apples of the cheeks for a light flush, then I lightly applied Topshop's Highlighter in Cresent Moon on the cheekbones and down the nose to give the skin a nice sheen.
On the eyes I used 17's Wild Metallic Eyes cream shadow in Wild Nude as a base then added the golden and bronze shades from MUA's Undressed palette, finished off with Collections Extreme Felt Tip Liner in Black, Collections Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate along the lower lash line with lashings of the Benefit They're Real mascara.
And finally, to finish off the look - a swipe of Girl About Town lipstick from Mac.
 
For me, getting dressed up and applying make up differently then you would daily is half of the fun!

8 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Her skin looks flawless, im in love with that lipstick!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous pink, she doesn't normally wear brights but even she loved it! x

      Delete
  2. God that lipstick is gorgeous. How come I don't have it yet??? Lovely makeup xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must ;) get yourself down to Mac, Girl About Town or Impassioned is where it's at xx

      Delete
  3. That lipstick colour is gorgeous!I love her look
    Carissa xx
    Vanilla Crush Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it just?! So vibrant! Thanks Carissa! xx

      Delete
  4. Love the look! And Girl About Town adds a pretty pop of color to the face!

    http://berry-mix.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly, I think it pulled the whole make up look together - love the colour! :) x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..