Thursday 23 December 2010

Product Fail: Nivea Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream


A little browse around my local Supermarket while my mum did her Christmas shop left me clutching armfuls of unneccasary products from the skincare isle. Amongst my purchases was the Nivea Visage Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream for Oily & Combition Skin.

This claims to:
  • Regulate your skin's oil balance to leave your skin shine free.
  • Hydrate your skin without clogging pores.
  • Provide an spf of 8 and extra UVA filters to help protect skin from environmental influences and premature skin ageing
It all sounded promising, the packaging is nice and simple and the scent is really refreshing. It's quite a light moisturiser so I didn't think there was any chance of making me oily whatsoever.

I was wrong.

I popped this all over my face at night, woke up in the morning and my skin was like an oil slick. Without a doubt the worst moisturiser I have ever used.

I might pass this on to my mum if she wants it or use it as a hand cream but this will definate
ly never go on my face again!
If you did fancy trying this out for yourself pop into your local Superdrug, Boots or Supermarket and you can pick this up for £3.99. I've just ordered myself a tub of the Mattifying Day Cream from the Body Shop, £9.00 for 50ml which has recieved rave reviews from the majority of people that have used it.

Plus the Body Shop is offering a 30% discount with the code 'SHAREJOY' at the moment :)

2 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. My mum loves nivea face creams but I hate them; they feel like a film on my skin! Blehhh :P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree!! I Have a really oily T zone and i thought this was great... at night time i use a different cream, as this one is just a day cream!! but this works perfectly in the day, and is a great base for make up!! This is from a gril who used Channel moisturiser for 2 years!! lol!! :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..