Sunday 20 March 2011

Perfect Nude Lipstick


For the longest time I've been on the search for the perfect nude lipstick. The main issues I've had on my quest for perfection are:

- Too dark and on the verge of being more taupe/brown than a nude.
- Too light - concealer lips are a no, no.
- Too drying, anything dry will accentuate lines and flaking skin on your lips.
- Too glossy. If I wanted my lips to look excessively shiny then I would of purchased a lipgloss and smothered it on.
- Effort to apply, I find some nude lipsticks I have to apply incredibly carefully to make them look smooth and even.
- Very peachy undertones *Revlon Nude Attitude*

As my lips are incredibly pigmented and quite big I find that if I don't wear nudes they instantly become the main feature on my face which I hate. I never thought the lipstick I'd always been looking for would cost just £1.99 but here it is..



I introduce you to Natural Collection 'Apple Blossom'.. I'd heard so many people rave about this but never bothered to try it out for myself until I spotted it in Boots a few weeks ago and from the first application, it was love.




The formula is creamy and slightly glossy, it's incredibly easy to apply and amazingly pigmented for such a cheap product!
A Before & After Shot




What's your favourite nude lipstick?

16 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. LOVE the color! Absolutely gorgeous! My favorite nude lipstick is Tarina Tarantino lipstick in "Leatherette"(:

    XOXO -Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like this colour.
    I never look at natural collection, but I'll have a look next time for sure!

    essiebutton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks gorgeous! It might be too pale on me but it looks gorgeous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this colour looks gorgeous. Such a beautiful nude pink! I'm going to Boots tomorrow :P
    Thanks for the review :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This absolutely looks like the perfect nude on you! No concealer lips in sight! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW1 love the color! My fav nude lipstick is "Bisque" from Lancome :))


    Style Fashion Etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely colour! I don't usually wear nude lipsticks but I may have to invest and give it a go!!

    Katie

    www.blueberriesnstrawberries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try this! So cheap too :)

    thisfashionismine.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good!
    and what an amazing price!
    I'll definitely be checking this out!! xxx

    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to love this, honest I did, but this little beauty has the knack of making me look corpselike when I wear it! So sad! Looks good on you though :] x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous on you! I've got this lipstick but haven't worn it in ages and is at the bottom of my lipstick draw. I'll have to get it out tomorrow! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does look so nice on you! I'm going to have to dig mine out and try it again!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a nice nude color! do they sell internationally?

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Oreleona - They sell it on the Boots website :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate this lipstick! It looks like concealer and is really poor coverage for dry lips! Please somebody tell me where i am going wrong. Also you can really easily see the inside of my lips so the contrast is poor and looks cheap...

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..