Monday 20 August 2012

All Time Favourite Nail Varnishes

Gosh 'Holographic', Superdrug - This was in massive demand when it came out and I managed to snap one up for myself, I'm not sure if they're still available anymore but I'm sure there's dupes out there! First applied this just looks like a shimmery silver but once it dries it gives the most amazingly shiny, holographic finish. Check out a photo here.
Topshop 'Ice Crush' - Glitter and holographic combined in to one, this makes a gorgeous top coat to add another level of wow to your nails.
Models Own, 'Juicy Jules' Boots - I adore this, it builds up to be the perfect glitter varnish - albeit slightly difficult to remove.
Milani Jewel Fx, 'Silver' Cherry Culture - One of my all time favourite glitters, these come in different colours - all available on cherryculture. Here's a photo of it in action.
Butter London, 'Diamond Geezer' Debenhams  - Amazing quality, classy packaging, pretty pricey but it's one to splurge on if you have the money spare.
Accessorize, 'Ivory Lace' Superdrug - Perfect pale nude, very understated but easily dressed up with the help of a glitter varnish.
Nails Inc, Free with InStyle Magazine - Gorgeous pale, peachy pink - simple but sweet.
Ciate, 'Bon Bon' Free with a Magazine - Although not the most long lasting, this is a very pretty lavender/grey.
Topshop, 'Barefoot' - If you can't get hold of the Ciate polish, this is an almost perfect dupe - perhaps a fraction lighter.
No.17  Lasting Fix, 'Mint Choc Chip' Boots - The perfect pale turquoise blue.
- 
Barry M, 'Raspberry' Superdrug - Favourite winter polish, it's slightly dark and moody but reminds me of Christmas as we always have red tinsel in our house.
Deborah Lippman, 'Razzle Dazzle' GlossyBox - Built up this can be worn alone, or I like to use it over the top of Barry M's 'Raspberry'.
Barry M, Peach Melba, Superdrug - Raved about continuously. Incredibly pretty pale peach, very Summery.
Barry M, 'Flamingo Pink', Superdrug - Classic Barbie Pink, everyone needs one of these in their collection.
Avon, 'Coral Reef' - The perfect combination of pink and coral together, this is a favourite of mine in Summer.

So there's my favourite varnishes! What're yours?
I can't really comment on the longevity as I only wear colours for two days at a time due to my job but I can't be wasting time with streaky, thin varnishes that take ages to dry so I assure you none of the above will cause you problems in that department.

20 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Great post huni! I'm loving the glitter polishes...especially the Topshop one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, some gorgeous shades! Topshop barefoot is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have the caite one too and i adore the colour but it always chips really quickly. maybe its just me being heavy handed, or do you have the same problem? i may try the topshop one if that is more chip resistant?
    love, laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Topshop 'Barefoot' lasts much better on my nails, Ciate doesn't hold up very well for me! x

      Delete
  4. I love Barry M Peach Melba and Flamingo Pink in fact I am wearing Flamingo Pink now!

    I would like to try the Avon Coral Reef too it looks like a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver and glitter polishes are stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peach melba is my favourite nail polish of all time, I just love anything peachy and it's such a gorgeous summer colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it? Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  7. great choices miss, barry m rasberry is my fav winter shade too :)
    at the moment im obsessed with Topshop milkshake and parma violet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check those two out then :) xx

      Delete
  8. Personally I love the light pink polishes, they are my faves!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..