Monday, 20 August 2012

All Time Favourite Nail Varnishes

Gosh 'Holographic', Superdrug - This was in massive demand when it came out and I managed to snap one up for myself, I'm not sure if they're still available anymore but I'm sure there's dupes out there! First applied this just looks like a shimmery silver but once it dries it gives the most amazingly shiny, holographic finish. Check out a photo here.
Topshop 'Ice Crush' - Glitter and holographic combined in to one, this makes a gorgeous top coat to add another level of wow to your nails.
Models Own, 'Juicy Jules' Boots - I adore this, it builds up to be the perfect glitter varnish - albeit slightly difficult to remove.
Milani Jewel Fx, 'Silver' Cherry Culture - One of my all time favourite glitters, these come in different colours - all available on cherryculture. Here's a photo of it in action.
Butter London, 'Diamond Geezer' Debenhams  - Amazing quality, classy packaging, pretty pricey but it's one to splurge on if you have the money spare.
Accessorize, 'Ivory Lace' Superdrug - Perfect pale nude, very understated but easily dressed up with the help of a glitter varnish.
Nails Inc, Free with InStyle Magazine - Gorgeous pale, peachy pink - simple but sweet.
Ciate, 'Bon Bon' Free with a Magazine - Although not the most long lasting, this is a very pretty lavender/grey.
Topshop, 'Barefoot' - If you can't get hold of the Ciate polish, this is an almost perfect dupe - perhaps a fraction lighter.
No.17  Lasting Fix, 'Mint Choc Chip' Boots - The perfect pale turquoise blue.
- 
Barry M, 'Raspberry' Superdrug - Favourite winter polish, it's slightly dark and moody but reminds me of Christmas as we always have red tinsel in our house.
Deborah Lippman, 'Razzle Dazzle' GlossyBox - Built up this can be worn alone, or I like to use it over the top of Barry M's 'Raspberry'.
Barry M, Peach Melba, Superdrug - Raved about continuously. Incredibly pretty pale peach, very Summery.
Barry M, 'Flamingo Pink', Superdrug - Classic Barbie Pink, everyone needs one of these in their collection.
Avon, 'Coral Reef' - The perfect combination of pink and coral together, this is a favourite of mine in Summer.

So there's my favourite varnishes! What're yours?
I can't really comment on the longevity as I only wear colours for two days at a time due to my job but I can't be wasting time with streaky, thin varnishes that take ages to dry so I assure you none of the above will cause you problems in that department.

20 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. Great post huni! I'm loving the glitter polishes...especially the Topshop one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, some gorgeous shades! Topshop barefoot is lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's really pretty isn't it? x

      Delete
  3. i have the caite one too and i adore the colour but it always chips really quickly. maybe its just me being heavy handed, or do you have the same problem? i may try the topshop one if that is more chip resistant?
    love, laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the Topshop 'Barefoot' lasts much better on my nails, Ciate doesn't hold up very well for me! x

      Delete
  4. I love Barry M Peach Melba and Flamingo Pink in fact I am wearing Flamingo Pink now!

    I would like to try the Avon Coral Reef too it looks like a lovely colour x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver and glitter polishes are stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peach melba is my favourite nail polish of all time, I just love anything peachy and it's such a gorgeous summer colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so gorgeous isn't it? Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete
  7. great choices miss, barry m rasberry is my fav winter shade too :)
    at the moment im obsessed with Topshop milkshake and parma violet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check those two out then :) xx

      Delete
  8. Personally I love the light pink polishes, they are my faves!

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too, very feminine and girly! x

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..