Thursday 9 August 2012

Liz Earle does Make-Up?

 
I've been a massive fan of Liz Earle products for a while now, my favourites being the much hyped *Hot Cloth Cleanser, *Skin Repair Moisturiser, *Brightening Treatment Mask and *SuperSkin Body Cream. Just today I picked up the Deep Cleansing Mask as it claims to draw out impurities and excess oil to leave skin balanced and calm. So, as you can imagine when I heard about the new Cosmetics line I was very intrigued as it's been years in the making and when I was offered the chance to try out two of the products, of course - I said yes!
I was sent the *Natural Glow Bronzer in 'Bronze' which retails for £19.50, and the *Eye Pencil in 'Golden Bronze' which retails for £11 which I've been using for a few weeks now. I quite like the packaging of the Cosmetics range, it's quite simplistic and sleek and I think anything overly luxurious wouldn't of been what I imagined from the brand. 
The bronzer comes in a lovely little compact with a good sized mirror for on the go application, but currently only comes in one shade. I've no doubt anyone fair to medium skin would love this but I'm not sure if it would work on very deep skin tones. Although in the pan there is definitely visible shimmer I don't find that this translates to the skin, applied I can only see very slight luminosity which adds a glow to the skin. I didn't find this to be massively pigmented but that's partly why I like it so much, it applies a sheer wash of colour to the skin that's easily buildable - bear in mind I usually have fake tan on so this would obviously be more visible on lighter skin tones. Overall, I really do think this is a lovely bronzer that adds just the right amount of colour to the skin, adding warmth and creating a bronzed glow.
 
Now, the eyeliner. I'm a BIG fan of this and I don't feel like the swatch below does it justice. This pencil is smooth, pigmented and an absolutely gorgeous colour! I wouldn't say this eyeliner is particularly creamy, like the Urban Decay 24/7 liners where you can smudge the colour but if you work the product in to the skin it can definitely be blended out. I've tried this on the waterline, on the lower and upper lash line and it looks beautiful every way. If you have the opportunity I'd suggest swatching this and seeing the beauty for yourself, it comes out as a deep brown that looks bronze and golden at different angles. Gorgeous!
In terms of price point I'm glad the products weren't priced any higher as I feel they're almost branching in to the 'luxury cosmetics' price range. Admittedly I do think the bronzer is on the expensive side and would have loved to see it with a more affordable price tag, but it is great quality and does boast it's formula being enriched with Vitamin E, Borage and Avacado!
 
Have you tried any products from the Liz Earle Cosmetics Range?

2 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I really want to try some of the Liz Earle makeup! I'm also so glad you're back to blogging, I hope you'll do some video soon. I die to see how you apply your make up, it's always SO FLAWLESS. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'll definitely be getting in to YouTube hopefully soon! xx

      Delete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..