Friday 27 August 2010

Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80 Review


After returning home from a terrible driving lesson a few days ago I found the postman had finished his rounds and laying on the table were a few bits of junk mail, bank statements.. and a thick yellow envelope.

I'd been awaiting my Sigma brush
for a few days and ripped it open in excitement! Inside everything was carefully packaged in tissue paper, a drawstring bag, plastic covers to keep the brush safe and there was also a little note from the people over at Sigma.

On to the review:


Now although I was sent this brush for reviewing purposes I have always given my honest opinion on products so these are my thoughts...

Now the brush that popped into my mind when I saw this was the Mac Duo Fibre brushes, in particular the Mac
130 which is denser than the larger sizes but the hairs are still a bit flimsy and it is verrrry small. It works but it's nothing special for £27, it takes a long time to stipple the product onto your face then buff in as the top of the brush is so small. I also find that when I use it for foundation (which is the main purpose) the bristles stick together making application slightly streaky.. :(Then we have the Sigma Flat Top Kabuki F80. [Top in the first photo, Left in the second]
First off.. this brush is soo soft! It's synthetic hair so it's nice and easy to wash, I just dip my brush into brush cleaner and swirl it round in my hand until it runs clean then leave to dry naturally. The brushes are packed very densely (as shown above) and it's all round bigger and better in general.. plus the fact it's cheaper! The brush retails for $16.00 so for us in the UK that would be around £10.30 plus First Class International Shipping (+ £3.20) or Express Mail (+£18.70). I got mine posted through First Class International and it took 9 days to arrive, from the states that's pretty decent!

It's cut down my foundation application time because you can cover much larger areas, the brush blends the product well and maybe because it really buffs my foundation right into the skin my make-up also seemed to last longer. Overall it's a very sturdy well made brush, super soft and dense, easy to wash and I haven't had a problem with shedding hairs or anything. It's also less than half the price of a Mac Brush. So I think we have a winner, winner, winner!


Below is a link to the Sigma Makeup Website so you can have a closer look at the brush yourself, read up on a few other reviews if you want and have a look at the other brushes they offer. :)


Click Here For Sigma Makeup Brushes

x Have you guys tried any Sigma Brushes? x

3 beauty obsessed ladies have an opinion...:

  1. I really need to invest in some good makeup brushes.
    I use MaxFactor ones at the moment.

    Lovely blog. Very cute.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Becca - Aww thank you, definately have a look at the Sigma brushes they're really good quality only downside is the waiting while they're shipped! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, it's definitely bigger lol I don't own any MAC but the Elf Studio Powder Brush I'm using is bigger than that.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free To Leave Me Lovely Messages..